We are taking a nightly vote in our house if I go back to work...tonight's vote is "yes."
I had an interview this morning at Granbury HS for a Junior English position. I prayed so hard last night for God to give me some energy and enthusiasm for the interview because I had no desire to go in and "wow them" as Jeremy said. Some of you may remember in May when I cried anytime anyone mentioned me working; I did, a lot. So, I woke this morning and had a better attitude (maybe it was dressing up for a change) and went for the interview. I really liked the principal, department chair, and two English teachers who interviewed. I liked the answers, except the possibility of not having a computer - who teaches without a computer and AverKey to send it to a TV? I was split 50/50.
So, you know me, I analyzed and over-analyzed all day today. My Bible study this morning reiterated the "be strong and courageous" and knowing the Word. So, does that mean be strong and courageous and don't work or be strong and courageous and work? To be or not to be, that is the question?
After talking to the principal more, and after some good time for Jer and I to visit while Jason and Jennifer kept the kids (a big thank you), we had time to really hash out some stuff. We named some pros - meet a lot of people, validity in the working world (who has two pastors whose wives BOTH stay home?), recognition as a normal person, and immersion in the community. Jer likes the fact that we would know a lot of football players for the games - football is king in small towns! We listed some cons - less time for "church business," less time with kids (but quality, not quantity), less time for us to spend together.
Please join us in praying for wisdom and discernment at this point. The department chair wanted and answer tomorrow, but the principal gave me until this weekend. We'll be doing a nightly vote until someone demands an answer.
Funny aside - as we drove to eat we drove past the administration building. There were a lot of cars and Jer noted, "must be having a school board meeting." Then I remembered, the prinicpal told me I would be submitted to the board tonight - I was probably officially hired tonight - kinda funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment