"Jer, you'll never have a motorcycle." "God, thanks that I'll never be a church planter's wife."
These are two of my famous "never" statements that I have to laugh at from time to time. Well, I've found one that Jeremy will have to eat just as soon as my little car dies, "I'll never own a minivan."
Joey and Lisa were nice enough to let us use the minivan this weekend since we're picking my parents up from the airport this afternoon after church. It seems that our family of 4 and the parental units were not going to fit in the Protege (which, despite it's 120,000 miles is still hanging strong). I've never driven a minivan, but after a couple of excursions out in it, I really like it. There isn't any stooping down to put the kids in, and no bumping their heads on the way in. I like the power doors they have, and the neat little feature where the car beeps before you lock the door (couldn't lock Hudson in). It feels like my car and turns as well, too. I shared my excitement with Jer; he smiled and said, "It is really practical, but you wanted a hybrid." I hope they make a hybrid minivan in the next couple of years!
No comments:
Post a Comment