7.10.2005

Relaxing Sunday - so far



I could really get used to this Sunday night church thing...so could Jenna. As you can see, she helped her self to a pot that Hudson drug out this morning. She has cheerios inside and is contentedly watching Zoom on PBS while eating her Cheerios (nevermind the two bowls she at at breakfast).

Jeremy and I started serious research into eczema treatment last night. We found the National Jewish Research Center in Denver, a place our pediatrician in Dallas had mentioned. We also found a site for the National Eczema Association for Science and Education. I started crying when I read the following:

"How Can National Jewish Help?
Atopic dermatitis (AD) can be very difficult to live with. Each person with AD deserves to learn what makes their symptoms worse, how to avoid them, and how to best treat them. Even though this is different for every person, you should be able to manage your symptoms and
Participate in family, social, school, and/or work activities.
Have little or no rash.
Have very few or no side effects from medicines.
Feel good about your appearance and about your skin care.
Have restful sleep.

National Jewish is one of the leading institutions in the United States for treatment and research of atopic dermatitis. National Jewish has a variety of comprehensive programs especially designed to teach patients and families how to care for AD."


I added the bold items because I never really thought it was possible. By last night her whole face was red, as were her arms, legs, and torso. She was pretty much covered. Yes, I believe God can and will heal her, but I also recognize that he gave us physicians with expertise that we should use. Tomorrow will be a prompt call to the dermatologist and pediatrician. Jeremy said he's always liked Colorado!
The pictures are the rash and wraps, which are a treatment we're trying.

On a more upbeat note - we're preparing for StoneWater's Sneak Peek tonight. We have no idea what to expect as far as numbers of people. It will be fun, and I need to go and study for Camp Stepping Stone while Hudson is napping (I love his morning naps!).

Last night the kids and I enjoyed hanging out with Jason & Jennifer's extended family with swimming, trampoline jumping, and riding lawn mower rides for the kids. It was really nice and comfortable, even though I've only been around the extended family a handful of times. I really did have fun, as did the kids.

Jer and I got into a good conversation regarding me working. Just pray for direction as we seek God's will for my work. We feel like we need to know what we want as I head into the interview. I have so many dichotomies pulling at me - Income would be great, but what about time off for eczema research and doctor visits? What do we do for child care when we don't know what sets her off? She would LOVE to be in a regular environment with kids every day! Could I help with the church if I'm pouring myself into teaching? If I start, I'll probably never take time off again. Can we make it just one more year with me substituting? These are just a few things we bat around...

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad y'all are researching. It breaks my heart to see Jenna struggle. There has to be someone out there who can figure it out. We had a blast last night!