8.05.2005

Beautiful Day

I consider this type of life perfection, and I want it to last forever.

Dr. Watts spoke with Dr. Robin Carder, head of ped. derm., in Dallas at Children's Medical. She is fearful of a rebound even after we taper from the steroid, so she wants to schedule and appointment within the week that Jen comes off. She, along with Dr. Gahli, our current ped. derm., is really willing to work with us to do anything we can to help her. It feels good to have a small army of doctors willing to come to our aid. I have also already decided, while I'm sane and rational, that if Jenna has another flare that bad, I will, without hesitation, drive to the doctor and wait in the waiting room until someone sees her in that state.

Enough medical stuff, today was another beautiful day. We spent the morning playing with Noah animals - Jenna likes to pair them up and pretend, Hudson likes to eat and throw. Joey and Caden came over for lunch, and we got news that Carson and Lisa were getting to come home! Then, we decided to take the kids to Nana and Pawpaw White's for an evening of fun.

On the way there I decided that Hudson is saying "jenna" FOR SURE. It sounds more like "nenna," but he is definitely using her name! He's back to being happy 99% of the time. Nana gave Jenna a pop ice, and he quickly discovered that those are some kind of good! Well, Jenna was sweet enough to continue to share, so she had a little shadow that would then intercept her with his mouth wide open. She would gladly give him some more each time. It was during this that he would pursue and say, "Nenna."

Jenna reveled in a couple of long gator rides, but she still didn't care for playing with the dogs too much. Four slobbering, overeager Weimaraners are a little overwhelming for a shortie; they're overwhelming for me! She downed lot's of pizza style garlic & cheese bread and even some ranch dressing along with at least three popsicles!

Our kids are so sweet and fun, thanks for letting me share!

No comments: