We had about 130 people attend StoneWater's first public service on Sunday. It was amazingly smooth. It never would have been without our launch team - thank you to each and every one of you who helped. I felt kind of like a louse since I didn't get there to set up and didn't tear anything down. Since Hudson had been sick, and was still grumpy, I knew I didn't stand a chance of setting anything up without him tearing it down too early. Plus, I was still studying up on my lesson for the 2 & 3s. I REALLY enjoyed my time with those little guys and gals.
By the way, the next morning in my portable, all the power came on. The GISD electric guy came by about 2:00 and I told him the situation. Evidently, the middle school had a power surge the day before and that's probably what threw the AC. As for the other outlets, we're just "watching" them for now. I seem to have some short, but, no one's really worried! I think it's fine. The kids refer to my home as a "trailer" and the "ghetto." I told them it has character, and I like it.
Today I took the day off to accompany Jenna and Jer to a new pedi derm in Dallas. I find it funny that we just found her now that we have moved here. Anyway, I like her. She has a definite plan for Jen - tonight we begin atarax, tomorrow we begin Zyrtec, and tonight we begin with the lowest dose of creams. Since today is our last dose of steroids, we're preparing for the rebound. Jer and I still have a gut feeling that hers can be traced to foods, and we've got her off of all things we suspect - milk, eggs, red food dye, and, of course, peanuts. Yes, it's a pain, but if it helps, we're there. If, after a month, we're still clear, Dr. Carder suggested trying one of the foods we suspect, and we'll see what happens. She also wants to see Jenna in two weeks - great follow up!
Hudson is recovered from his fever. He is now cutting two molars - yipee! As long as we keep him on DYE FREE ibuprofen, he's good. After two days on pink profen, he was a red rash from head to toe. Funny, he's cleared up after taking him off colored goods. His skin is even soft again.
Jer did great Sunday, from what I have heard. He did a pre-game barf (sorry if that is too gross, but that is the best description), and it seemed to calm his nerves. I don't think I've ever seen him so nervous!
Well, it's still early, and I want to play with my sweeties!
No comments:
Post a Comment