I've always hated those Special Report signals; as a kid, it meant that my TV show was going to be interrupted, and now, as an adult, it means that I'm about to hear bad news. So, when I heard the music, I knew it was bad...Special Reports can be good. Dr. Gahli, our ped. dermatologis, phoned today in response to our inquiries. Dr. Watts, our ped., wanted me to call and include him in the most recent, severe saga. He doesn't like oral steroids, but from what I described (and cried about), he said it sounded best. He, however, wants to ween her back off very gradually as to avoid a "rebound reaction" that would be worse (I shudder to think of a 'worse'). So, we will spend the next 25 days on steroids, decreasing the amount by 1/4 teaspoon every 5 days.
He said there are other options past this, mostly stronger drugs where we seriously worry about liver function and stunting growth. He did say that if we end up on steroids two to three times a year, that is preferable and will not cause damage. He has two collegues, one in Dallas and one in Houston, that he said we would also consult to see if there is anything we're missing. He is in favor of the allergy testing again to try to pinpoint any allergies we don't know about, but he even said it could be something we're applying topically that is an allergy for her and will be difficult to identify(perhaps even one of the creams we've been using for treatment). It's going to be a battle, but, again, God has provided a doctor who DOES care and DOES want to help us. He is a father of a little boy about Jenna's age, so he can empathize from the parent standpoint.
As for the fairy godfather...Jenna received a cute little princess wand at a birthday party a couple of weeks ago. While Hudson received a very manly sword, he much prefers the wand. Jeremy repeatedly takes it away from him, calling it his "sissy wand." Here's a little picture of the dude with his favorite toy (favorite other than the CDs he's demolishing right now!)
No comments:
Post a Comment