8.13.2005

Blessings

My kids are two precious little blessings from God.

Tonight as I rocked a very tired Hudson Reed (daycare has been difficult for him to adjust to only one 1 1/2 hour nap per day), Jenna came in. She placed a blanket on him, "all by myself," kissed him sweetly, stroked his face, told him "good night, sleep tight," and whispered in his ear, "Don't let the bed bugs bite." That's really cute if you know the whole story. For about a year my dad, whenever it is bed time at their house, will tell her "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite." She thinks the "don't let the bed bugs bite" part is really funny. So, last night Dad and Jen went through the ritual, and she giggled out the last part. It was incredibly sweet to see her share her "secret" and special bond with PawPaw with Hudson.

The last few days have been busy. Thursday was Caden Samuel's birthday #6. Friday Jeremy took off out of town, so I scooped the kids up, and we went to my parents' for some tender lovin' care. Mom always cooks, does our laundry before we leave, and just makes me feel good. I got to do some shopping at Penney's (I saved $211 on my first trip. Which probably leaves you wondering how much I spent...I got some REALLY good deals, like shirts for 2.99.) Jenna got a little rough with Abby, my parents' dog. The result is a red nose with little teeth marks...oops.

Jer just called and report he will be home around 10:00, so he asked me to keep Jenna up. That suited her great since she had been complaining from bed for 30 minutes that, "I'm not tired yet." She's happily watching Blue's Clues on TV.

Here is a picture of Jen in my rain boots (for trucking to and from the portable at school), her rain hat, and coat when it sprinkled earlier this week. Hee hee.

No comments: