8.16.2005

Daddy Daughter Day

Jeremy resumed his former ritual of Daddy Daughter Day today. It had become Daddy Daughter Dude Day, but since I have worked only part time for the last year, it didn't happen regularly. Anyway, today Jer & Jen spent the day. They went to Dr. Gahli (ped derm) - nothing new - and Cabela's. Jenna ordered ostrich without Jer's prompting because she remembered it from the Cabela's they visited on vacation in Buda. She's sharp, I tell you. She then bragged to me how much fun she was having with Daddy, which made Daddy's heart swell. He bought her one of those 'pop' guns where you pull the barrel, and it makes a pop. Tonight, as she watched her dinosaur movie, she shot the bad dinosaurs. It was really cute and funny.

Hudson is ill. Wouldn't you know it, the day before school starts. I can't miss the first day of school, and Jer has to meet Jay in Waco for a projector. Satan knows when to hit us. Luckily, my mom is on call tomorrow - We'll hit Melba up for Thursday, if need be (be warned, Melba). He had a 101.4 temp tonight and is lethargic. He ate like a mad man, though.

I am pretty ready for tomorrow. I have my roll, seating chart, piles of paper - letter home, rules/procedures. I don't have any lesson plans beyond tomorrow - which is VERY unlike me. I had planned the research paper with my fellow Junior teachers, but when someone scheduled their library dates, they overlapped with mine, so I had to move mine. Now I begin my research paper on Sept. 2 - too soon, but I'll manage fine. Just stressed because I don't have and ENTIRE six weeks planned, like usual.

Happy Anniversary to my dear friends, Jason & Jennifer Karnes. 8 years! Way to go guys!

Jeremy is AWESOME. He fine tuned my powerpoint presentation for tomorrow and helped me make sure the LCD projector is working. Thanks, babe!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm praying for you to have a great day this morning! I'm proud of you for being ok with your one lesson plan!!

Anonymous said...

Misti,

I hope you had a wonderful first day of school! I prayed for you this morning :o) You can start praying for me b/c I start on Monday. I hope Hudson Reed is feeling better.