The kids and I spent the morning playing - just plain, hard playing. No house cleaning, no working - playing. It was hysterical. Hudson danced and 'sung' while Jenna danced and did the 'jumping J' (she jumps up and down, she got it from Sesame Street). After nap we snacked and took a little walk and trip to the playground at the school. On the way, I allowed Hudson, who has discovered the stroller is mighty boring, to walk, too. He was SO excited, squawking, walking and waving his arms, that he accumulated too much speed for his baby legs, and plowed, face first, into the pavement. You can see the scrapes on his forehead and nose in the picture. Nevertheless, he refused his chariot.
Then we decided to do something FUN. So, we loaded up and took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's. It was SO much fun. We gave Jenna a token and let her use it by herself; she felt so liberated that she quickly approached Jer, put her little hand in his pocket, and said, "Dad, I need more money." She played a lot of games, including skee ball which became dodgeball for those on each side of us! (I, by the way, outscored Jer with a score of 270,000 to his 200,000). It was so awesome to let her eat pizza and even eat tomatoes off of the salad bar.
A whole day without itching or scratching, and no commands to 'pat, don't scratch' was awesome!
On the way out to the car, a little hand slipped into mine. A soft, affectionate hold from my little girl, not a 'you have to hold my hand even though you don't want to.' I wanted to hold that little hand, so sweet and so content, forever.
My heart is just bursting with joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment