
Yesterday Granny and Papa Fulton, my grandparents, so the kids' great-grandparents, came for a visit with Dad (Mom's still sick). It was great seeing them all play. I hear my parents tell me how wonderful being grandparents is, and from the looks of things, it's even better to be a great granparent! Then we spent the evening actually being home for a change; it was nice.
Today we had a big breakfast and played for a while. Hudson skipped his morning nap for the first time. He babbled in his bed for a while and then started his "aak" and "aak," which means, "hey, I'm in here awake." Jenna looked at me and said, "I think he not sleepy." So, in we went for him, and up he stayed until afternoon nap at 2:00.
We had a small group tonight for StoneWater. I don't know where everyone was, but I had only two kids - Jenna and Payton. They were great, and it was pretty relaxing, for a change.
Tomorrow is reality, though. I begin 'new teacher orientation,' which is really annoying, other than the fact that I will learn about insurance and, hopefully, get the school issued lap top. Plus, being a veteran now, I have a list of questions to fire - how can I get internet to my portable, I need furniture, desks, tv/vcr, budget for supplies, teacher aides?
the itchies are returning...and that creates some serious anxiety in me. Will I awake tonight with cries and scratches that I can't fix? I pray I don't.
No comments:
Post a Comment